Tuesday 8 March 2016

Book Tag : Unpopular Bookish Opinion Tag

I've seen this tag floating around for a while now, and I thought it would be interesting. I love to share my unpopular opinions.
I don't know anyone to tag, so I tag whoever is reading this and wants to do it. It's fun, I promise.
This tag was was created by thebookarcher on youtube. 
(Disclaimer: these are just my opinions, I do not mean to offend you, your favourite books, or authors.)

QUESTIONS:


1. A popular book or series that you didn't like.

The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski. I bought this one because everyone was raving about it. Saying I was disappointed is an understatement. I didn't even finish this book, I found it boring, predictable, and the romance just didn't do it for me.

2. A popular book or series that everyone else seems to hate but you love.

The closest I can think of is the Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr, I don't think people hate it though. I've just heard a few meh reviews, but nothing I would consider hate. But I loved it, Wicked lovely was one of the books that really got me into reading to begin with.

3. A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with OR an OTP that you don't like.

Rose/Dimitri from the Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. I've only read the first two books, but I was not feeling it. There was something about it, I don't know if it was the age difference, or the teacher/student-like relationship, or what but it was kind of creeping me out.

4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.

Romance and Mystery are really the only genres I don't tend to read.

5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.

Celaena Sardothien. 

6. A popular author that you can't seem to get into.

Cassandra Clare. I've tried. I've tried reading The Mortal Instruments three separate time and I only make it to City of Glass, and I've read The Infernal Devices and I enjoyed it, but I didn't love it. Needless to say, I won't be picking up her new series.

7. A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing. (examples "lost princess", corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)

Love triangles, love triangles all the way. 

8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I listened to the audio book for the first one and I had to keep going back because I would fall asleep. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it. And they're big books, so I have no plans on reading the rest of the series. 

9. The saying goes: "The book is always better than the movie," but what movie or TV show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?

The Maze Runner. I tried reading The Maze Runner once and I got about 60 pages in before I just gave up. The movie was much more enjoyable. (Plus the movie has Dylan O'Brien, which makes everything better).

No comments:

Post a Comment