Saturday 2 April 2016

Book Tag : My Intimidating TBR Pile Tag

Hello book-lovers! Today I'm going to be doing the My Intimidating TBR Pile Tag. 
This tag was created by Lindsey Rey on Youtube .

Questions

1) What book have you been unable to finish?


The Young Elites by Marie Lu. I picked this up or a re-read and I'm just not enjoying it as much as I remember. It's been going on for about a month now.


What book have you yet to read because...


2) ...you just haven't had the time?


The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. I picked this book up because of the hype surrounding it, I keep meaning to read it but I just haven't yet.


3) ...it's a sequel?


Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi. I pre-ordered this book, so I've had it for about two years now and I still haven't read it yet. I kept meaning to get to it, but now it's been so long that I would have to re-read the first two books. I do plan to read the series soon so I can say I've finished it.


4) ...it's brand new?


Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard. I just got this book last week so I don't feel too bad for not reading it yet.


5) ...you read a book by the same author and didn't enjoy it?


Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld. I've heard really good things about this book, but read The Uglies by Scott Westerfeld which I really didn't like, and I think that's putting me off reading this book.


6) ...you're just not in the mood for it?

Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Sherman. I haven't heard too much about this book since it came out, but I know it's the first book in a YA Historical Fiction series. And I'm just not in the mood for historical fiction at the moment.


7) ...it's humongous?

Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld. I tried not to use the same book twice, but this is the largest book on my physical TBR pile. It's 599 pages according to Goodreads.

8) ...because it was a cover buy that turned out to have poor reviews?


Icons by Margaret Stohl. I bought this book around the time it was released, so it's been sitting on my TBR pile for about 2 years or so. But then I heard some not so great reviews and I was kind of put off of it. The cover is quite lovely, though.

9) What is the most intimidating book in your TBR pile?


All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. I don't really know much about this book except that it's Historical Fiction, and there was a lot of hype around it. It just feels like a very intimidating novel.


10) Who do you tag?


You, reading this right now. But really, anyone who wants to do it should do it.



So, that's the My Intimidating TBR Pile Tag. Like I said, anyone who's reading this that wants to do it, should do it. This is the kind of tag I really enjoy doing, and it gives you a chance to really look at you TBR which isn't something I tend to do very often. Are any of these books on your TBR? Or have you read any of them? Should any of these be bumped up my TBR because they're great?

Thanks for reading, and I hope to see you next time with my next post.

Happy Reading!
Morgyn @theadventuresofabooknerd

No comments:

Post a Comment