Friday 15 April 2016

Author-A-Thon & Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon TBR

Hello Book-Lovers!

I've recently become a little obsessed with read-a-thons. (I participated in #TBRTakedown last week, and I'm still running off that high). So, in light of that, I went on the search for new read-a-thons in the near future. And I stumbled upon two. Two that are, coincidentally, happening at the same time. (Author-a-thon is April 18th-24th, Dewey's 24-hour Read-a-Thon is April 23rd.) And of course, why would I pick one when I can do both?

Author-a-thon 


Author-a-thon takes place from from 12:00 a.m. (your time zone) on April 18th to 11:59 p.m. (your time zone) on April 24th. Author-a-thon was created by Joana (Joana Sousa) and is being co-hosted by Sam (Thoughts on Tomes). Follow @AuthorAThon on twitter for updates.

So, for this read-a-thon you can either just read books by one author, or use the provided challenges. I'll be using the challenges (except #5- I don't have a book for that one).

The challenges are:

1. Read a book by one of your favorite authors.
2. Read a new-to-you author.
3. Give an author a second chance.
4. Read a debut author (2015 or 2016).
5. Read a book written by more than one author.
6. Read a book from an author who is from a different continent than you are.

My TBR for this read-a-thon is:



The Rose Society by Marie Lu

This is the book I'm reading for the first challenge. Her Legend trilogy is one of my favourites, and though I didn't love The Young Elites, I am curious to see where this story goes.



I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

Challenge #2. I've heard really great things about Jandy Nelson's novels (both this and The Sky is Everywhere). But, this is the one I have, so it's the one I'll be reading.

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

This is technically the third chance I'm giving Sarah J. Maas. I've read both Throne of Glass & A Court of Thorns and Roses. And since I kind of enjoyed Throne of Glass, and the sequel to ACOTAR isn't out yet, this is the book I'll be trying. (I'm hoping for the best, I really want to love a SJM book).


An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

I have been dying to read this book since it came out last year, and for some reason I just haven't picked it up yet. Part of that is the hype that surrounded this novel made me a little nervous to read it. But, this is Sabaa Tahir's debut novel, so I finally have a reason to cross it off my list without excuses.




Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella

I picked this book up at my local used book store because everyone was recommending Sophie Kinsella to me, but I've never really been in the mood to pick it up. (It's not really the genre I tend to go for). But, Sophie Kinsella is a British author (challenge #6), and I needed another Contemporary to break up this mostly Fantasy list.




Dewey's 24-Hour Read-A-Thon


Dewey's 24-hour Read-a-thon takes place on April 23rd, 2016. different from many readathons in that it starts across the world at the same time. (You can find your start time here). This read-a-thon is hosted by Heather and Andi of The Estella Society, along with help from volunteers. You can follow @readathon on Twitter, and I'll leave a link to the website > here < so you can find more information. (I highly recommend you give it a look-through).

This readathon doesn't really have any set challenges, so you basically just read whatever you want for 24 hours. Which is great for me, because I already have the list of five books I'm reading that day. But I want to set aside one book to read specifically on that week. (If I do happen to finish the book, I'll just be continuing with the Author-a-thon TBR).

And that book is:


The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

I just really want to read this book, and I keep putting it off. So what better time to read it than during a read-a-thon? (This book was super hyped last year, and I kind of avoided it for that reason).






Well, I guess that's it. That's my (slightly ambitious) TBR for Author-a-Thon & Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon. I'm a really slow reader, so chances are I won't get through half of these. But I'm always up for a challenge, and I really need to knock a few books off my ever-growing TBR pile.
Are you doing either/both of these read-a-thons? What's on your TBR? Have you read any of these books? Let me know below, and if you're doing either of these read-a-thons please comment down below with links to your blogs/social media/Goodreads and I'll follow you.

So thanks for reading, and I hope to see you next time with my next post.

Happy Reading!

Morgyn @morgyngillis

No comments:

Post a Comment