Thursday 3 March 2016

Favourite Books I Read in 2015

Okay, so, I know I'm a bit late to this party. But seeing as this blog is brand new I thought I would start it out with an easy post. I also love talking about my favourite books.
I only read about 40 books in 2015, so I've narrowed this list down to my Top Six.
This list is sorted by date read. I will also add the link to the books Goodreads page in case you want to check it out.
Note; these are books I read in 2015, they weren't necessarily released in 2015.



The Book Thief by Markus Zusack
5/5 Stars
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19063.The_Book_Thief

This was the first book I finished in 2015, and if I had to pick an overall favourite this would be it. This book is beautiful, and sad, and everyone should read this. (Side note: I gave this book to my mother and she cried when she read it) It follows a young girl named Liesel Meminger and her life during World War II in Germany, and is told from the perspective of Death. Yes, Death is the narrator of this novel, which isn't something I've seen in a book before. Overall this a gorgeous book that everyone should read.


Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
4/5 Stars
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14061957-ruin-and-rising

This is the third and final novel in Leigh Bardugo's Grisha Trilogy, one of my all time favourite book series. I won't go too into plot details because this is the final book. What I will say is that this is an incredible YA Fantasy trilogy set in this Russian-based world where people called the Grisha posses magic-like abilities. It basically has everything you could want and more from a Fantasy series. And I know that a lot of people didn't like this final book, but I loved it. I thought it was a phenomenal ending to the story, and you should definitely pick this series up if you haven't already.









This was another book that was out of my normal reading preferences. It is a graphic novel that follows Nimona, a shape-shifting sidekick to a villain. But it ends up being so much more than that, I can't even put it into words. This is a gorgeous graphic novel that everyone should at least try to read once, it will blow you away.





You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day
5/5 Stars
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23705512-you-re-never-weird-on-the-internet

I listened to the audio book for this one, and I honestly think that makes all the difference having Felicia Day read it to you herself. This is the first memoir I've read (well, listened to) and I don't think I could have picked a better one. It's funny, it's smart, it's a little inspiring. I loved it, I recommend this book to everyone whether or not they're a fan of Felicia Day herself.




Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith (J.K. Rowling)
5/5 Stars
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25735012-career-of-evil

This is the third novel in J.K. Rowling's (as Robert Galbraith) Cormoran Strike series. The series follows private detective Cormoran Strike and his assistant Robin Ellacott. This third book is the best in the series so far in my opinion. The first two were great, but this one absolutely blew me away and left me needing the next one ASAP. This is the farthest thing from Harry Potter, yes, but if you are a fan of JKR's clever and thoughtful story weaving than you really need to pick up this series. It won't disappoint.


So, those are my favourite books I read in 2015. If you've read this far, thank you, I tried to keep it as short as I could for a first post.
In the comments below let me know what your favourite books in 2015 were, and if you've read any of these books. I would love to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment